Table of Contents
Acne – the appearance of black dots and rash on cat’s chin. Sometimes the rash affects the mouth, the upper and lower lip and the nose. It looks like a large cluster of black dots in one place, similar to poppy seeds, eels.
Causes of Acne on the Chin
Examine your pet closely. The disease may be developing for years not disturbing the animal. There are many factors that can cause rash on cat’s chin, namely:
- Food. Analyze the diet of your pet. Perhaps you give harmful products: smoked food, sweets or other products that should not be included in the diet. The animal may lack essential nutrients, minerals and trace elements.
- Chronic diseases. They are associated with the digestive system of the pet, namely, with the disease of the gastrointestinal tract. In this disease, the body does not absorb the necessary trace elements.
- Stressful situation. Much depends on the conditions, relations and situation. Acne can occur if the apartment is too hot or there is high humidity, a lot of dust, allergens are present.
- Anal glands. The disease is less common, but do not forget about it.
Group of Risk
Black rash on cat’s chin can occur in any pet. The breed, age and gender do not matter. An animal that has had acne is at risk. Such a pet needs special attention and proper care. Breeders and veterinarians pay attention to the fact that this disease is less common in sterilized pets than in those ready to give offspring. Be very careful if you have a Sphinx cat. In the future, this disease affects the skin of the pet. Furry pets suffer less often than their hairless brothers. So acne is common in such breeds as: Sphynx, Peterbald, and others.
If you notice redness, do not rush to set the diagnosis – acne. A characteristic red rash is common in other diseases: scabies, demodicosis, linear granule, allergy and dermatomycosis.
Note!To establish a reliable diagnosis you need to go to the clinic. They will make scraping of the skin, after which the vet will be able to make the correct diagnosis. Then the treatment starts.
How to Treat Black Dots at Home?
Treatment is the question that worries the owners, who noticed the anxiety in animal behavior and visual changes on the skin. Acne can be treated using several methods: pharmacy drugs and traditional medicine.
If acne is not strongly expressed, there is no purulent discharge, you can use chlorhexidine 0.05%. The drug is sold in a conventional pharmacy for external use. You should wipe the rash twice a day. Miramistin or conventional hydrogen peroxide can be used instead ofmchlorhexidine. Iodine can be used to burn the boils. Use antiseborrheic or tar shampoos or special tools that contain salicylic acid when bathing. Gels and ointments can be also used in the treatment. If the disease continues to run, antibiotics should be used. The vet will tell you the right course of treatment.
You can use an infusion of herbs in the treatment of acne. The affected area of the skin is wiped with a cotton swab soaked in a decoction of chamomile or calendula.
Care for a Sick Cat
In case the cat has black rash on chin, apply the ointment to the affected areas of the skin during two or three weeks. Only then the situation improves. Treatment should be carried out strictly according to the advice of a veterinarian. Long-term use of ointment can aggravate the situation. Infected areas of the skin are clogged, and the disease continues to progress. When treating a pet, the ointment should be applied in a thin layer, following the instructions for use. Watch the cat and don’t let it lick off the medication.
Prevention of sores in cats
- One of the main factors of prevention is observance of rules of hygiene.
- Use ceramic and metal bowls for nutrition and water. Plastic bowls should be thrown away.
- Control the quality of food, do not mix the old feed with the new one.
- Change the drinking water every day, choose purified or distilled water.
- Do not give food from the table, exclude products that cause an allergic reaction.
- After eating, wipe the boils with ointment and antiseptics.
- Choose premium feed. The cheap food does not contain necessary amount of nutrients.
Acne disease can adversely affect the health of the pet. Therefore, we should not forget about the precautions and time to examine the animal.