Cats, like humans, have milk teeth and molars. They also tend to fall out and change with age. Therefore, the cat’s mouth also needs care. Cats also suffer from human diseases like caries and have gum problems.
Most often, these problems are not so serious and noticeable. But if you suddenly notice that the cat has wobbly tooth, you should immediately take the pet to the vet for examination. The specialist will prescribe vitamins and set the right diet, because not many pets are accustomed to it.
Causes of Unsteadiness
There are many factors that affect the condition of fangs:
- Primary teeth. If the kitten is 3-4 months, then the cat has wobbly fang due to the fact that molars will soon appear. This process is necessary for the full operation of the entire oral cavity. In the future, if they do not fall out, you will need to remove them in the veterinary clinic, and this is an extra stress for the pet.
- Aggressive behavior. If the cat runs and jumps around the room or on the street, it might accidentally hit the jaw. Also, such an injury can occur after a fight with another animal. This usually leads to swallowing of the pet’s muzzle swells and even to teeth loss.
- Development of a disease. These include caries, tartar and gum inflammation. Most often this is due to the lack of care or poor nutrition.
- Age. If the animal is old, you may also face the problem when the cat has wobbly tooth. Similar thing happens with kittens when they lose their first teeth.
- Poor diet. If the animal regularly consumes junk food, diseases may develop in the oral cavity. It is recommended to review the diet of the pet and add more vitamins and natural products.
There are also other less obvious reasons for the deviation, but only a qualified veterinarian can identify them.
You should immediately pay attention to the loose teeth. For this purpose it is necessary to inspect the oral cavity of the animal regularly. Even if the problem is not dangerous and there is no threat to life, preventive actions should always be carried out. You should also consider the physiological characteristics of certain species and the structure of their skull. In some species, characteristic changes occur from birth, and require special care.
If a young cat has wobbly tooth, you should not worry, because it is a natural process. This means that the molars will soon erupt. The animal often bites everything, whether it is the hands of the owner or the sofa, during this period. It is important to wait until the change occurs, and to monitor the appearance of related symptoms. A characteristic feature of the teeth change period can be frequent snacking and excessive saliva.
However, if your cat has wobbly upper canine, and the pet is no longer a kitten, and its milk fangs have already dropped, you should pay attention to how active your cat is. Maybe the reason is not the disease, but in the fact that the pet hits every corner and plays actively in your absence. In this case, you can use special sedative drops that are added to water or food.
It often happens that the owners do not pay attention to the dental health of their pets. Any veterinarian will tell you that it is necessary to bring the animal for inspection and cleaning every six months. Even if the cat is healthy and there are no symptoms of any disorder. The presence of worms in the body is almost imperceptible. The development of parasites leads not only to diseases of the body, but also worsens the condition of the gums.
Note!Diseases associated with the oral cavity may develop due to improper nutrition or lack of vitamins in the body, which lead to terrible consequences. In this case, it is recommended to use high quality feed and natural products.
The problems begin with the simple wobbling, and then the canines begin to fall out. At this stage, the treatment is useless and if you do not remove the affected fragments, the inflammatory process or the development of infection can begin. Refusal to remove the teeth will bring the animal even more pain, so the owner should first think about the pet’s health. Red gum is the first sign of the inflammatory process.
It is also possible to determine the age of the animal by its teeth. For example, if the cat’s lower fang staggers and it is not so sharp but rounded, the cat is older than eleven years old. At this age, regular care is important otherwise all teeth will stagger and eventually fall out. To avoid complications, it is recommended to accustom the pet to a toothbrush and brushing teeth since childhood. The simple procedure takes about 2-4 minutes. You can buy special brushes, both for kittens, and for adult cats in pet shops. You can also buy some suitable toothpaste there.
Do not be negligent to the health of your pet. Cat’s mouth requires regular inspections and cleaning. Only in this way you can detect the problem in advance and urgently find a solution to reduce the possible pain. Do not panic at once when you have identified some problem, you should consider the physiological characteristics of individual species.